[ale] Boot failed

Emil Man emilpman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:38:53 EST 2006

I remember reading in an issue of Linux Journal that Andrew Morton is now
pretty much refusing to touch the 2.4 series of the kernel. Now they had
implemented SATA modules and support in the 2.4 kernel, and were having HUGE
problems with them. Forgot who the maintainer of the 2.4 kernel is now, but
I do remember reading that they decided to scrap sata on the 2.4 kernel.

Now my memory may completely deceive me, and I may be wrong... I can
research the issue, and provide more information at a later date.

My opinion though, if you want SATA, go with 2.6 definatelly.

Emil