[ale] cp437 Font Encoding under FC4,FC5

Mike Kachline mkachline at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:11:44 EST 2006

All,

Does anyone know of a "redhat correct" way to display a CP437 (ie,  uses
older DOS character set) application on the linux console? I'm thinking I am
supposed to modify /etc/sysconfig/i18n and add:
SYSFONTACM="cp437"

... and then re-login at the console (no reboot). However, my app is still
not displaying correctly on the screen. This is an app which was ported from
DOS to Linux and makes liberal use of printing line characters (for drawing
boxes).
The app *does* display correctly if I use Windows PuTTY and set the "Window
| Translation" to "CP437", and then run the app through said putty ssh
session. I am working under either FC4 or FC5.

Thanks,
     - Mike

--
Mike Kachline