[ale] Thanks for the Video DVD - Zimbra

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Feb 7 08:28:00 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 22:23 -0600, Bradley's List Address wrote:
> I think it is great that ALE was able to post a Video DVD of the Scalix
> presentation.
> Will there be a DVD of the Feb 9 educational presentation?
> I thought I would be in town to attend but my job cancelled.
> Many thanks to the person(s) who made the video possible.

Speaking of Scalix, I've just read my issue of LJ and saw the review of
both Zimbra and Scalix.

I'm in need of a good web based mail package for our reps when they
travel.  Its been a real paying allowing IMAP connectivity via the
firewall and having to walk them through the pain of setting up SMTP
servers that will work where they are at.  So I saw Zimbra

When I read the article it mentions that Zimbra has its own servers that
run.  There is the problem.  I have an FC2 box that fetches everyone
mail from our outside provider via fetchmail.  There is a fetchmail
process that runs for each user.  I personally use procmail to send my
mail into various mailboxes in ~/Mail/ and into spamassasin.  Is there a
way I can deploy Zimbra to work with this setup and not muck up what
I've got going?  Or does Zimbra have its own servers because it stores
everything in a database?