[ale] OT easy html editor

Marvin the Martian marvin.higginbottom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:31:32 EST 2006

William Fragakis wrote:

>Printshop + newsletter != html
>
>I'm confused why the need for an html wysiwyg editor for a newsletter.
>html is for web pages (and Front Page does a crappy job of it).
>
>I'd think his problem could be more simply solved by using a
>freeware/shareware pdf converter (sorry not to know of a decent Windows
>one off hand).

Open Office runs on windoze, and it converts to PDF very well.

>If he is distributing it via the web, that would be the
>easiest, probably, since it allows for printing, too. The slow printing
>is likely caused by using pictures much higher in resolution than he
>needs.

Yep.

>On the Linux front, he could use GIMP and Scribus to do what he needs.
>There may be a Live CD that contains both -again, I'm not sure.

For HTML/CSS/XML/Javascript/etc. there's also bluefish, which is a nice
little editor for linux, but my favorite is Jedit- the only thing I can
think of comprable to it is Xemacs (or emacs, but this has all the
visual cues of Xemacs & then some).

http://www.jedit.org/

It's java, so it's cross-platform, and the code is tighter and the app
more responsive than your average java app.