[ale] Slackware 10.2 Makes me cry

H. A. Story adrin at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 5 14:17:17 EST 2006

Well,  Actually when I try to compile the SND-1371 either into the
kernel or as a module I get unrecognized symbols for midi.  I am
currently running the 2.4.31 kernel.  I would be happy to get either
sound card to work with alsa.  Currently alsaconf doesn't see either on
board or the card.  Just noticed this though. only reason the card is in
there is I am to lazy to take it out.  And I had at one time looped the
sound card through a card on another PC input jack.  Messing around one
day and thought I broke the port on the on board sound.  Then one day it
started working.

via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11
via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11
via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11

Video:  Well, there is a agpgart error on boot.  KDE works fine though.
The error is about the agpgart.

agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M
agpgart: Detected Via Apollo Pro KT400 chipset
agpgart: unable to determine aperture size.

Lilo will let you change the screen size on boot.  When I recompiled the
kernel I lost this settings and can't get it back.

Think that, If I keep playing with it and looking around I may get one
to work and then the other.