[ale] Linux + Vendor neutral???

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 3 18:55:15 EST 2006

Subject: Re: [ale] Linux + Vendor neutral???

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:03:40 -0500
"H. A. Story" <adrin at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I was just looking at a website.  And they had sample question for
> this test.   In one they asked about rawrite and the other they asked
> about a Red Hat command, can't remember it.   Has anyone on this list
> taken the test?  And how vendor neutral is it really????
>
> Adrin

I picked up a Linux+ book last spring, but I never got more than
halfway through it. It appears, though, that they focus on RPM and
Lilo, but not necessarily any specific distro (as far as the
organization of /etc/ goes).  Maybe I'll pick it up again...need to
test for that.  And my Net+....and CCNA...blah ;)
--
Richard Kolkovich
sarumont at sigil.org

Speaking of Linux+, would anyone be interested in getting together to study
this stuff in an informal setting?  I've had one of the latest books for a
while now and have yet to crack it open but would like to go through it and
get the cert sometime in the near future...

-Ryan