[ale] What scientific calculator EMULATOR is best ?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Feb 3 06:37:54 EST 2006

On Friday 03 February 2006 14:32, Geoffrey wrote:
> James Sumners wrote:
> > Well, then the question is really what kind of calculator do you like
> > best, a Texas Instruments or a Hewlett-Packard? Personally, I prefer
> > the TI-89.
>
> It's not scientific if it doesn't do RPN. :)

My requirement for a calculator as well.

I have a sister who has been programming for HP since about 1980, and HP-RPN
calculators have been an occasional gift from her. I have a 33c (in a drawer
in need of nicads), a 15c for serious math (always in my briefcase) and a
16c,  the computer programming model that does hex / dec / octal / binary
conversions (always at hand in my office).

 > That's why I still use my hp 11c, circa 1981.  You can find it at the hp
> museum.  I guess that says something about me....  I believe I've only
> replaced the batteries twice...
>
> http://www.hpmuseum.org/hp11c.htm
> http://www.hpmuseum.org/11c.jpg

The HP museum link is cool  (in a purely geek way, of course).
 Looks like there's a new 15c emulator for Linux to check out as well!

peace
aaron