[ale] What's the utility to shut out hackers/viri attempting sshd attacks?

runman runman at speedfactory.net
Thu Feb 2 17:16:50 EST 2006

Option #1 - read Bob Toxen's fine book - I believe he gives
up his code for an adaptive firewall.  Pretty cool stuff.

Option #2 - if it's only 1 IP add it manually to your
firewall and forget about them.

Option #3 - if you are using OpenBSD I think spamd (the
OpenBSD one) will slowly suck up his resources (I think - it
might be only for mail).  I like tarpits and such - maybe if
their box blows up it will cause some collateral damage.

Option #4 - look at Snort

Option #5 - regardless of the above I would try to call
their ISP and get them shut down - or better yet have your
ISP do it (doubtful). But it's worth a try.

G'luck.

Greg