[ale] Xterm (and a little OT)

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Feb 2 13:22:13 EST 2006

I don't know about anyone else, but maybe I'm color blind.  I find a
black background makes it incredibly hard to read any color except
white.  putty forces a black background and when I end up on a system
with a color ls command, I can't read half the file names.  The
especially bad color is blue.  I know there is something there, but no
way I can read it.

That brings up another point.  I've been cursing the idiots whose web
sites have blue letters on black backgrounds until the other day my wife
was complaining about the same thing at her school.  I had a brainstorm
and brought up the site in IE.  Hm, the colors were just fine.  I hope I
have the opportunity to take a potshot at Bill someday.

Jim.