[ale] Xterm

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Feb 1 16:17:37 EST 2006

There is something mysterious about using an Xterm with a background of
black and foreground of white.  Its as if I'm looking through a window
into the system itself capable of taking the power of Linux into my own
hands.

I don't get this feeling when the xterm has a bg of white and an fg of
black.  Its like looking at a boring piece of paper with drivel all over
it.

I do get this feeling when I have a bg of black and fg of either green
or amber.  But to me the window is more like a classy text terminal that
is the road to the heart of the system.

Just a thought that popped in my head after I executed Xterm for the
50th time today.