[ale] computer controlled power switches

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 28 14:14:12 EST 2006

APC makes a Rack Power Distribution Unit that is switched and metered.
It would allow him to switch individual receptacles on the RPDU from a
remote location. They are used in data centers to allow remote control
of reboots and such.

I can't tell you the cost, but they are available in a huge variety of
counts per RPDU, and in all the various voltage and amperages required
for modern data equipment worldwide.

Dan