[ale] sending email from gmail with my domain as the reply/to?

Alan Dobkin ALE at MaestroIT.com
Fri Dec 15 12:39:46 EST 2006

On 12/15/2006 11:32 AM, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>   I am running a friends domain on my mail server.  He's started using gmail
> for most of his mail services but wants to be able to have gmail send mail
> as if from his domain but it seems my server is rejecting it as forged.

I don't run exim, but the issue is probably that Gmail sets the Sender
header to the sender's Gmail address, regardless of the e-mail address
they have configured in the From address.  Perhaps your mail server is
rejecting based on this header.  Do you have any log entries or bounce
messages which show the specific error?

Alan