[ale] flash ddrives (2)

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Thu Dec 14 11:17:19 EST 2006

zeb wrote:

> Is there any way to control (force) the order of mounting USB devices on
> boot-up?
>
> If there is an explanation, I would like to "hear" it.  Otherwise, for your
> information and whatever good it may do.

I don't know if Slackware 11 supports udev, but I suggest you look into udev since it
allows you to specify rules, so you can force a specific device to always be mounted in
the same location.

If you're not using udev, the other thing that comes to mind is maybe labeling the drives
and mounting them by label.

Google search whichever of the two above you'd like, you should be able to dig something
up I think.

-Jay