[ale] OT was software modems

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Dec 5 09:36:31 EST 2006

Except he is a bit alarmist.   Recently he said all telemarketers have to do to prove you ordered their product is play a soundbite of you saying "yes".  He implied they could do this without context to "prove" you ordered the thing.  So if they say "Are you OK today?" And you say "yes" they can use that as proof later.  While I'm sure there is a lot of slime that does that kind of trick I'm also sure that in a court of law you could get it thrown out by making them provide the entire conversation.  They'd have a hard time justifying saying "we only recorded the 'yes'".