[ale] OT: Re: ping

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Aug 22 14:26:16 EDT 2006

The quote "I took the initiative in creating the Internet" from the link
you posted certainly could be construed as a claim to have invented the
internet.   However I always knew it was blown out of proportion and
that Al Gore did champion some of what went into the internet.  As I
mentioned in my earlier post it was an allusion to that.

Next someone will be posting that Dan Quayle never said he wished he'd
take Latin so he would be able to speak with people in Latin America.

Can't you people take a joke?