[ale] ALE NW for 8/17

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 22:03:00 EDT 2006

> Yeah, it makes it suck for those of us who had plans of attending one
> of the satellite facilities.
>
> Are they keeping the facilities open, just managing them centrally?
> Are the same degree programs going to be in place?
> Are the satellite campuses (if they stay open) going to have the same
> general coursework?

Any other satellite campuses for the partner institutions are
unaffected.  Only the Lawrenceville campus is under going this change.
(GPC Dunwoody, Clarkston, Decatur, Rockdale/Newton will continue
operating as normal).

The facilities in place at Lawrenceville will become the facilities
for the new college.  At this time, only three Bachelor's degree
programs are offered: Business, Biology, and Psychology.  We are
expecting to offer programs in Education and Nursing in the near
future.  More will be coming, I am sure.

The coursework ought to be equivalent to the programs in place.

> I'd love to know, because I had some very near-term plans for
> attending...

Well, any of the institutions will be happy to have you, whichever one
fits your needs best.

bnm