[ale] connecting to porn-baby Bell

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 29 08:44:47 EDT 2006

fostermail at bellsouth.net wrote:

> behind;
>in my research on DSL providers in the area, so I'm hoping someone can Rewrite TFM. The Hellsouth ?nameserver I try to hook up with rarely likes Linux and I am thus forced to use Microsoft product (which I could use the getting aquainted with,) in order to get on the internet. Is this something I should be being specific about ports with? I just don't understand why I have to ask in Windows TM in order to reboot and access a web page.
>
>TIA M.C.93 G. Luke Foster
>
>PSeudocode:
>
>Joachim Noah brought customs officials to alert when a garter snake was found hiding in his hair.  Airport scanners detected in the snake's digestive canal undissolved Zantacs, miscillaneous rodents, including Sean Hannity (primate -ed.) The snake may be controlling some of Noah's movement, a H.S.S. official said. "While it could be he wants to get in the paint with some hot Salvadoran, it doesn't make sense to cut short a career with even a Latino wedding. No, the 'body snatcher' theory makes more sense in explaining central America over Paris; It's pretty much a slam dunk," he said.

I've used bellsouth for several years ( ducks the tomatoes ). I've never
had any trouble accessing anything on the internet using linux.  I would
imagine that you might have something that's not configured right on
your box.  On my setup the nameserver in the /etc/resolv.conf file
references the dsl modems ip address from there it's forwarded to
whatever dns servers they (bellsouth) have decided for the day.  It's
usually atlanta or miami.  What IP addresses are you using for the dns
server?

Calvin...