[ale] Web Site

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Fri Apr 28 10:37:23 EDT 2006

I have a computer with an Internet connection in a foyer running SUSE
10.0.  I would like to restrict KDE so that Firefox is the only thing that
can be accessed.  Also, I would like to restrict Firefox so that it goes to
just one Web site.  Any suggestions?  I could use iptables to restrict
Firefox. However, the web site to which I want to point has numerous links
to other web sites which is OK.  So because of that, iptables could get
messy unless there is a way to check for "REFER" in the header and if
"REFER" is found, let the request through. Can iptables do that?

Thanks,

Terry Bailey