[ale] Interesting Article...

Jay Finch retief at larp.com
Wed Apr 19 13:58:56 EDT 2006

I thought I would share this article with all of my fellow ALErs.  It
really brings to light some of the issues new adoptees might be facing.
(I know we on the ALE list are a lot more accepting & welcoming than most
other LUGs, but it is a good lesson to learn...)

Enjoy!
Jay

Linux Snobs: Real Barriers to Entry
by Walter V. Koenning for the OPINION/EDITORIAL section on reallylinux.com.

One particularly distraught new Linux user came to me and shared how his
meeting with a number of Linux "pros" turned to a bash Windows, bash him
and bash everything he said gathering. Instead of answering his question
regarding which GUI they prefer to use on their systems, the response was
a clear: "you ignoramous! Go back to your Windows."

Full Article here: http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/snobsoped.shtml