[ale] FWD ANNC: Jarod Jansen DTrace / Linux talk

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sat Apr 15 09:16:21 EDT 2006

One of our off-list members, Ryan Matty, asked me to forward notice
of this free, Linux related informational event from Sun. This is the
event we also mentioned at Thursday's central meeting.

You are cordially invited to a complimentary half day DTrace
session with DTrace expert Jarod Jansen

Wednesday, 4/19/2006
8:30 AM To 9:00 AM	Registration and Breakfast
9:00 AM To 12:00 PM	Real advise and examples on DTrace

Marriott Perimeter Center, Ballroom
246 Perimeter Center Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA     30346

--From the Sun synopsis --
DTrace is a comprehensive dynamic tracing framework for the Solaris
Operating Environment. DTrace provides a powerful infrastructure to
permit administrators, developers, and service personnel to concisely
answer arbitrary questions about the behavior of the operating system
and user programs.

-- On Thursday 13 April 2006 17:06, Matty wrote:
> Jarod is an amazing speaker, and his talks
> typically cover DTrace, Linux branded zones, and numerous war stories
> from his years debugging Linux and Solaris performance problems.
> Jarod is one of the authoritative sources when it comes to  debugging
> performance problems on Linux and Solaris systems, and the ALE members
> will thoroughly enjoy the breadth of information presented.

Pre-registration (name and email) is required for attendance.  Seats have
recently been added to accommodate more attendees. More event details and
registration entry are found at:

   https://www.suneventreg.com/cgi-bin/register.pl?EventID=947