[ale] Cat-5 question

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Sun Apr 9 16:55:05 EDT 2006

My unending thanks to Chris and Jim.
Turns out that looks can be deceiving.  When all else had
failed miserably I tried one last time using the book order
for the wires. The damned brown wire wouldn't behave, but
I'm not supposed to need it anyway. Right?
Success!
   Using the book order for the wires gets me back online
and I can now take up the temporary cable I had strung from my
wife's office, under the carpet, out the door and along the hall,
then down the stairs to the basement -- where I sit in my cave.

Life is better now.

But, having learned how to wire rj-45 plugs I am certain that I
don't want to do this for a living. :)

Sean