[ale] Cat-5 question

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Apr 9 15:09:27 EDT 2006

On Sunday 09 April 2006 02:53 pm, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
  Either there is some trick tool I don't own that makes this
> job easier, or I need the hands and eyesight of a 12-year-old
> Persian rug maker.

What I remember doing, is tyring to get all the wires in the right order, and
flat, and the just training them by rubbing thumb and forefinger, and pulling
over it several times.  Once they lay flat, but not fanned a little bit, it's
not too hard to get them int the connector.  They also need to all be the
exact same length.  I think I tend to clip them once they're flattened.

> Are all eight wires actually used?

Depends on what you're doing with it.