[ale] Infringing Microsoft's look and feel?

fostermail at bellsouth.net fostermail at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 27 00:19:32 EDT 2005

Although I am within an idiom, and have expectations in excess of press about it, I am astounded at my difficulties using Open OfficeWriter.

When dealing with the situation of a *.doc file being required, compatibility appears unidirectional. I don't know how to save in different locations without touching the filename I'm trying to save (i.e. it doesn't create the file where the work is to be saved.) It more or less consistently locks the mouse buttons, and with varied attempted remedies disables the server-kill trio. (Cold shutdown.)

This is to verify some commonality of experience, since I highly doubt my capability of finding in the source this problem if it is there.

Kde applications occasionally crash on this SuSE 9.3 Dell P-4 rambus (512M) with near-capacity / partition, separate usr, boot, var, home. The PNY GEforce 5200 did come out of the garbage from a Athlon dual RAM tech board the power circuitry which had ground-tabs on some half-bridge diode things self-desoldered (runaway current, overheat.) I will not post if OpenOfficeWriter works smooth when I dedicate word-processing to some stock machine with more memory. Again I am too wimpy to do a bug report, and I'm not a professional technician, so I can't solemnly proclaim what misinformation I've concocted from what angles I know of.

Slurring Chinese grammar in english balance-transfer offers,
G. GoFoster