[ale] Error uploading a file using a PHP webpage

Hughes, Michael Michael.Hughes at CottonStates.com
Mon Sep 19 09:55:56 EDT 2005

this is the error
This error probably means that the file you tried to upload exceeded the limit set by your host. The default limit in PHP is 2MB. You can contact your host's Support group to have them increase the limit in the PHP.ini file, or you can upload the file using FTP. Use the Add GEDCOM page to add a GEDCOM file you have uploaded using FTP.

Also when I look in the php.ini file i don't see any entries for this setting anywhere

1. post_max_size variable in php.ini

according to the documentation here http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#limitrequestbody

the limitrequestbody is set to 0 which is unlimited.

I haven't changed anything in the httpd.conf file

Off to do more looking for a solution.

thanks for the suggestions.

Mike

  _____