[ale] Error uploading a file using a PHP webpage

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:15:38 EDT 2005

What error do you get? I've had a similar problem in the past, but it was
related to read/write permissions of the directory. There's also a memory
limit setting for PHP that affects file uploads, but I don't recall where.

WMM

On 9/19/05, Hughes, Michael <Michael.Hughes at cottonstates.com> wrote:

> Trying to upload a file using a PHP embedded script ( guess that's the
> proper way to say it). I bring up a webpage and it tells me to select my
> file and then click an upload button, theoretically it should import/upload
> my file to the /index directory but I get this error.
>  This error probably means that the file you tried to upload exceeded the
> limit set by your host. The default limit in PHP is 2MB. You can contact
> your host's Support group to have them increase the limit in the PHP.inifile, or you can upload the file using FTP. Use the Add GEDCOM page to add a
> GEDCOM file you have uploaded using FTP.
>   I went into the PHP.ini file and changed the max upload to 25M
>
> ; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
> file_uploads = On
>  ; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if
> not
> ; specified).
> ;upload_tmp_dir =
>  ; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
> upload_max_filesize = 25M
>  I didn't see any other entries for an upload size. Does anyone have any
> ideas?
>  thanks
> Mike

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s