[ale] How do I install 32 bit SuSe 9.3 on a 64 bit system?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sat Oct 22 06:18:07 EDT 2005

It's a ati radeon xpress 200m.  As I said SuSe 9.3 runs fine in 32 bit
mode.  From what I've been able to read on the web no one has had
success in getting this thing to run fast, but then the only graphics I
use are web pages and they display just fine.  I don't play games, I
don't play DVDs, I just use it for program development, general surfing
and email so I have no idea why I'd want a blisteringly fast graphics
display.   I have no need for 64 bits either. Except for memory access,
I could still be running on 16 bit hardware and be happy. 8)

I wouldn't be surprised you're right on about the ACPI issues.  That's
discussed a lot on the web wrt this family of notebooks.

Jim.