[ale] Automated ripping...

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 16 10:27:55 EDT 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 09:30, David Corbin wrote:
> I have several hundred CDs I'd like to rip.  The last time I worked on this
> (4+ years ago) the tools were not "automated enough".  I want to drop A CD
> in the player, and when the CD light stops flashing, take it out and put in
> another one.  I don't want to be prompted for anything.
>
> When it's done, I'd like to be able to tell one CD/track from another, and
> tell what CD they came from, and for them to be "reasonably organized".
>
> Is there tool out there that works like this?  (Linux preferred, of course,
> but a 'free' or 'low-cost' Windows one would be acceptable).

Kaudiocreator would do what you want. It has a setting that will automatically
rip all tracks upon successful CDDB lookup. That might seem like a hitch, but
you probably don't want to rip tracks if you won't be able to identify the
tracks later. When it is finished ripping, you can set it to automatically
eject. It did have some problems recently where it would slow down to a crawl
under normal operation. But I think that problem has been fixed. I filed a
bug report and got updates.