[ale] Automated ripping...

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Oct 16 09:30:40 EDT 2005

I have several hundred CDs I'd like to rip.  The last time I worked on this
(4+ years ago) the tools were not "automated enough".  I want to drop A CD in
the player, and when the CD light stops flashing, take it out and put in
another one.  I don't want to be prompted for anything.

When it's done, I'd like to be able to tell one CD/track from another, and
tell what CD they came from, and for them to be "reasonably organized".

Is there tool out there that works like this?  (Linux preferred, of course,
but a 'free' or 'low-cost' Windows one would be acceptable).

Thanks.