[ale] Video on Linux - need some help getting started

Chuck Huber chuck at cehuber.org
Tue Nov 29 16:40:12 EST 2005

I just puchased a trinocular microscope that included a USB video
camera, Model DCM35, and am having a hard time pulling all the
information together on how to get video going.

I have learned, however, that simply plugging the camera into a USB port
doesn't work.  The USB driver recognizes it, but doesn't have much to
say about it.

Search engines don't report alot for the DCM35, and nothing for DCM35
and linux.  My hope is that it uses a chip set or USB protocol that's
already supported and I simply need to load the right drivers and the
right apps.

I don't need frame capture, nor do I need video recording or editing
(though grabbing a frame to insert into documentation would be nice).

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    - Chuck