[ale] Live CD to drop on my Dad's computer over thanksgiving?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Nov 14 09:48:11 EST 2005

A while back I've had success with Knoppix.  What would be cool is a
Live CD that will allow his computer to work with that CD.  In other
words just have him work off the CD and not install Linux.  I think
Knoppix allows this by saving its settings on a USB stick.  His home dir
bight even be on USB.

I'm not very versed in this subject because typically I've only used
Live CD's to either rescue a system or test a system's compatibility.

I am interested because my father has XP on his PC and I want to boot up
Linux and use it over Christmas.  Normally I use cygwin to give me X and
the unix look and feel.  He has USB 802.11g so finding a Live CD that
supports that might be tricky.