[ale] Live CD to drop on my Dad's computer over thanksgiving?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Nov 14 09:38:58 EST 2005

  I'm planning on dropping in on my Dad for Thanksgiving.  He's asked me
to look at his home network while I'm there.  I warned him I'm brining
Linux CD's and if he expects me to touch his computers he will be
learing one of them.

  My father is 59, Lives in a south florida community with an average age
of 66.  He is capable of thinking just doesn't like necessarily learning
new things with the computer when windows point and click "works fine."

  Put the flamewars on hold, they'll be put in the spam filter but
anyone have recomendations on Live CD's that I can drop on his desktop
computer to show him there are much better alternatives than Windows?
And what merrits does your suggestion have?

Robert

:wq!

DISCLAIMER:
      These are MY OPINIONS             "We can't solve problems by using
       ALONE.  I speak for                the same kind of thinking we used
       no-one else.                         when we created them."
                                          - Einstein