[ale] Screwed by PPP0E

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue May 31 08:57:14 EDT 2005

I came into my remote office today to discover that Speedfactory had
switched me over to PPPOE.  Apparently they sent one of my partners an
email and I've not received it.  This causes pain because the only
reason why I've not switched to PPPOE and their faster speed before was
because I could not afford the downtime.

They told me that everyone was forced to go to PPPOE.  Is this true?
What about Speakeasy.

I will add this. <flamebait>The only reason I've not switched to
BS</flamebait> is because of the level of support I get from these
guys.  They helped me setup PPPOE on Linux twice.  BS would say "Linux
is not supported".  They've returned my calls and have called me back
when things began working again.  Now since I'm forced to go  PPPOE my
only thing keeping me with SF is the support.  Does SE force PPPOE?

Chris