[ale] Need Tractor Feed Dot Matrix printer

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Fri May 27 23:52:28 EDT 2005

I just thought the XT was far enough back that many people you may
meet under 30 might not even recognize the acronym.

I did some sys admin for a private school a few years ago and it was
a hoot having student assistants that wanted to learn about
computers.  I try to explain things in a basic way and build up
complexity until the problem is explained.  I had teenagers that were
semi competent on newer wintel technology that didn't have any
background.  Frequently I started to explain why a particular
convention existed in soft or hard ware and had to start with a PC
history lesson to get to the answer.

The first computer I actually owned was an Atari too.

Mark,