[ale] Need Tractor Feed Dot Matrix printer

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri May 27 11:37:05 EDT 2005

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005, Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>Mark Wright wrote:
>>
>>>You old fart.  ;-)
>>
>>Pushing 30 is an old fart???  I'm just sitting this side of 50.  Now, my
>>first computer was an abacus....
>

> I realize that I'll likely not see another ALE session for some years, but
> somehow, just somehow, I want to take the above comment as volunteering to
> present a short HowTo on early/historic computing devices 8-).

:)

I do have a couple of 3b2 300s.  Runs AT&T SVR3.  maxed out at 8 meg
memory with two huge 75 meg drives.  I believe the clock is 8 MHz.

I've also got a couple of layers
(http://www.bell-labs.com/user/dwd/5620faq.html#S2)terminals
(http://www.bell-labs.com/user/dwd/5620faq.html).  They are windowing,
supporting terminals, supporting multiple desktops that predate Windows
3x.  They have a rough similarity to early X window managers.  They are
monochrome monitors, with a three button mouse.

I should dig some of these puppies out and see if I can get the layers
apps running.

--
Until later, Geoffrey