[ale] Linspire 5.0

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Fri May 27 08:45:53 EDT 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Geoffrey wrote:

> Dump ndiswrapper and get a good prism54 or an atheros based card.  3com makes
> a prism54 card and I picked up a blitzz card that has an antheros card.  $40
> at Wal-Mart (BWP 712).  Both work with late versions of Suse, RH and Mandrake.

I like the Intel 2200 b/g and Intel 2915 a/b/g for mini-PCI if your
notebooks support that

The drivers are open source and well-maintained, and they've got monitor
mode enabled in the firmware now (so kismet and friends work ;-). The
cards are quite cheap too - I think I paid $20 each for an order of 2200s.

later,
chris