[ale] Need Tractor Feed Dot Matrix printer

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Fri May 27 01:24:48 EDT 2005

Ok, here's my background -

My first machine was a TRS-80.  I was 9 years old, and I remember having
to rewind the cassette tape (drive?) to play "star trek" (it was the
only game I had; I'm not a Trekkie/er).  I was stoked when at age 12 my
Dad got an IBM XT (Xtended Technology baby!).  It had TURBO mode that
bumped it from 4.77Mhz to 8 Mhz.  I remember mastering WordStar at age
13.  I think I was the only kid in Jr. High that turned in "printed"
homework.  In fact, I think that a few teachers even rejected it (but
it's been a while).   Anyway, I'm pushing 30 now, so I'm feeling a bit
old.  The new BBS Documentary that just came out isn't helping matters any.

Sorry if this post makes anyone feel bad - it isn't intended to.  I just
wanted to add my history to 'history'.

Kind regards,
CB