[ale] QoS talk

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Thu May 26 00:03:08 EDT 2005

Jim P.
To make your talk on QoS more complete, you could bring a two routers
and two satellite systems to demonstrate with.  Use the Linksys routers
with OpenWRT or Sveasoft firmware to lighten the load, or get some help
from others to bring in systems.  I think the demonstration meetings are
alot of fun if the hardware gets setup beforehand properly.  Actually
the software setup behind the QoS is only simple on the surface.  The
technology built into the iproute2 package is very expandable and gets
rapidly complex.  I would not have gotten anywhere without the Advanced
Routing HowTo and the scripts that automate the setup of the queues for
traffic shaping.  I might just drive back down to Atlanta for a talk on
this subject!
Dow