[ale] VOTE: Take the root war off-list

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon May 23 16:00:44 EDT 2005

On Monday May 23 2005 14:34, Barry Hawkins wrote:
> It really squelches openness and usually makes
> the newcomer think "Good God, I had better not ask _my_ naive
> question, I'll probably get clobbered!"  It could be that
> the majority may say, "fine, who needs 'em if they're gonna be
> that way!"

Well put.

> a symptom that may help
> us find ways to improve the community within ALE.

Interesting. Add suggestions.

My .03:
I was thinking "that's just the way this list is" and just accepting it as
such. Perhaps there is not only a place for such a Linux list to exist, but
that this IS the place and we should not try to change it. It's cyclical.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown