[ale] DVD life expectancy

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Mon May 23 00:57:20 EDT 2005

I would expect from Philips or Verbatim a normal life span of
5-10years.  But, the cheapo disks by nonamers could die really quick.
Heat, oxygen, and radiation levels could all affect the life expectancy
too.  Maybe the exposure rate during the burn at a low speed versus high
speed could affect the data life.  I don't know.  I know the quality of
DVDs varies alot.  Here is an interesting link:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

I discovered this forum when getting info on Nero Linux which is a sub
forum of Club CD Freaks just like this forum is.  There is a ton of tech
info on DVD and CD media, hardware, and so on here.
Dow