[ale] Load?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu May 19 22:47:16 EDT 2005

Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> Is this a hyperthreaded system? I had one of the earlier ones that
> would constantly read 2.0 on 2.4.something. Disabling hyperthreading
> would fix it. It went away with a kernel upgrade somewhere in the
> neighborhood of 2.4.26 IIRC. I never got around to looking into the
> specifics because it was just a single user box of very little
> importance but maybe that will give you enough ammo for a google
> search.

Hrm, interesting.  They were just discussing the system faults and
unreliabilities as well as an apparent exploit possibility on the lkml
list... They were recommending that everyone disable it, as far as I
could tell from skimming (that's way too high-traffic a list to actually
*read* everything, *shrugs*).

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!