[ale] Sunday 05-22-05 6PM RUN-AS-ROOT CHALLENGE

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:23:20 EDT 2005

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> I am not putting myself out to be that knowledgable. I hire people that are.
> Moreover, you are not willing to go to the extent (that I am) to prove YOUR
> box is secure. If your box is secure, you will be able to substitute YOUR BOX
> for mine in the challenge (using the same rules I have set forth).
>
> If you cannot . . . . your box (by my extreme definition) is insecure.
> I try to secure my box not just from remote attacks, but from local attacks
> where the system admin has the root password. That is because I realize that
> I (as system admin) have caused more computer problems for myself than remote
> attackers.

You are an extreme coward, is what you are.  You still have 24 hours and
48 minutes to prove that my box is insecure.  Will you succeed?  The
answer is no.

> It is clear that you don't feel your box is secure enough to meet the test the
> challenge sets forth. "Search your feelings." You will realize that it can't.

It is clear that having *that* much traffic, my ISP would conclude that
it's more then my own personal-use server, and assume that I'm reselling
service.  In the interests of my own cable bill and the AUP that I've
agreed to, I will not open it up to such a contest and increase the
traffic on it that much.  I've specifically put it upon you to prove
that your claims that my box is insecure are true.

I'm merely turning your own mentality back at you, script-kiddie.

--
Michael B. Trausch                               <fd0man at gmail.com>
Website: http://fd0man.chadeux.net/     Jabber: mtrausch at jabber.com
Phone: +1-(678)-522-7934              FAX (US Only): 1-866-806-4647
Do you have PGP or GPG?  Key at pgp.mit.edu, Please Encrypt E-Mail!