[ale] Sunday 05-22-05 6PM RUN-AS-ROOT CHALLENGE

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu May 19 07:29:45 EDT 2005

On Wednesday May 18 2005 22:29, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Where do kids like you get educated these days?
>
> -Jim P.

What is with that guy?
I really feel stupid . . . .

I simply do not understand why he is so "grandiose" (for lack of a better
word). He assumes my box is weak - even though he can't exploit it - and that
it (and my admin techniques) will cause great harm and "take over the world!"

This isn't Pinky and the Brain, and even if it WAS, he wouldn't be "The
Brain." The Brain has better logic. I am not trying to insult or flame or
even . . . . I really would like to understand the answer to the question you
posed.

Does he really believe what he is posting - or is he just being sarcastic?
How is he able to function? The guys that I have seen like him always end up
lonely and poor - blaming the world for their circumstances.  Perhaps he is
simply not there yet?  They get there slowly.

I know this post is way "out of the line of thinking of the thread" but, I am
curious. I have not experienced this type of thinking related to the computer
world.

I just feel like if one MUST make up fantasy to prove a point, THEY should
pick it up prior to posting. Not only does it weaken his message, but it
implies that he could not point use REALITY to support his point.

What's next:
"Well, 1000,000 man hours were spent watching flies eat shit - so shit must be
good to eat! "

Oh, by the way, you and I know that labeling a fantasy "REALITY" does not make
it so. Please enlighten me. Have you have seen his type before?
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown