[ale] Linux Distributions

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 16:06:37 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 15:38 -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> But it would make me cringe to see every user running as root all of the
> time.  That would keep the Internet open to the attacks that it's been
> subject to since Windows became a clear player on the Internet.

So.... point out one of these attacks that required root/Administrative
access.  Surely there is at least on securityfocus article that
identifies a virus/malware that needs root in order to attack other
systems on the Internet.  If not, if you are only speaking of malware
that harms individual systems run as root then what is your worry?

-Jim P.