[ale] Linux Distributions

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 15:12:55 EDT 2005

> Delaying the pointers you request does two things:
> 1. Hopefully it teaches the knee-jerk admins to be less so.
> 2. It allows me time to win the challenge AND win a fully working box.
> 3. It allows the never-run-as-root crowd time to post all of their
> objections.

And again, in real-world situations, our claims hold 100% true.  Your
configuration is never allowed in a business circumstance, or a
regular, general installation situation.

Since your configuration is less than 1% of the computing situations
out there, our argument holds ~99% true, ~99% of the time.  We still
have the impetus to make the claims we do, allowing for a miniscule
margin of error.

You make argument for the sake of arguing.

--j