[ale] Linux Distributions

ChangingLINKS.com groups at changinglinks.com
Tue May 17 16:19:59 EDT 2005

> It is not a matter of being "convinced"  it is a matter that I have
> been educated otherwise from EXTREMELY early in my career (nearly 20
> years ago) that this is the way it is done, and MOST security
> personnel, education firms, UNIX companies, etc. instruct to do so.
> I'm just not willing to assume  I know better than them.
>

> Jerald M. Sheets jr.
> Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator

I am your opposite here.
My logic was to find out why they made their statements, and then configure a
system that won't have the weaknesses they they point out. With Linux, I have
the luxury of building a system that won't be as "insecure" as the systems of
the "experts." My system is configured so that even an expert could run it as
root and not screw it up. ;) More importantly, it is setup so that someone
like me (who just uses Linux to get things done) can run the box well without
having my poor admin skills be a factor.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown