[ale] Linux Distributions

ChangingLINKS.com groups at changinglinks.com
Tue May 17 15:00:13 EDT 2005

> Well, that's the nature of things: it is frustrating--massively
> frustrating--to be asked for help by people who do not seem to be
> willing to listen to good advice.

Good advice?
Knee-jerk responses aren't always good advice.
Moreover, I was personally attacked not "given good advice."

> > The bottom line is that there is absolutely no way that I could be
> > convinced to run this system another way - and I realize that most others
> > on this list feel the same about how they run their systems. Let it be.
>
> And that's why I don't think you can really be helped;

I CAN be helped. My current installation of has had many hands on it (although
I usually ask for the solution and then apply it myself) - and meets every
need that I have except the problems mentioned. Still, like everyone else, I
have opinions about what I want in the OS and how I want it to run.

> and that's why I
> find it rather irritating that you make big statements about, say,
> Debian, as though you some authority to do so.
>
> --George

I didn't mean to imply that I had authority - just that I have an opinion.
My logic is that I have a problem in Debian and get less help as a result.
(Example: If I have a Jeep and cannot find shops/people to repair it, I
consider it a "Jeep" problem - especially if other vehicles with the same
issues are repaired quickly.) My position (although unnecessary) is that when
people hear it is Debian they decline to help. That is what I have observed.
I don't need/want to be an "authority" on Debian.
--
Wishing you Happiness, Joy, and Laughter,
Drew Brown