[ale] Linux Distributions

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue May 17 08:31:03 EDT 2005

1. There are many different web browsers out there. Which one are you
using and how did you install it? Is it up-to-date?

2. http://www.alsa-project.org/ maybe even
http://www.alsa-project.org/applications.php

3. Don't run as root.

4. LPT scanner? USB scanner? Serial scanner?

5. Oops, the IVTV web site seems to have instructions --
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=debian-compile-ivtv

6. I have never used it but I would assume that if the KDE sound
system is working properly then noteedit would as well. You might want
to check out http://noteedit.berlios.de/ and read their FAQ.

Those are actually six problems and none of them are really "Debian
problems." Debian is not a distribution for those that need their hand
held; that is what Red Hat, Mandrake, and SuSE are for. With Debian
you are going to thave to do some work.