[ale] Linux Distributions

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon May 16 10:12:15 EDT 2005

I prefer Debian.  Note that the old debian installer sucks unless you
really know what you're doing (even if you do sometimes).   The new
installer being developed and used for Unstable/Testing is MUCH better
and can use many different types of source media.  I use it to install
desktops and laptops over my home cable modem.

Note that Debian is designed to be Secure and Stable first and formost.
If you want all the latest bells and whistles you do not want debian
stable, you want Debian Unstable or Testing.  Note that This doesn't
mean it will crash constantly, it just means that it hasn't had as long
to burn in as Debian has some strenuous requirements to be put into the
stable tree.

If you want to play with Debian and have questions please feel free to
email me and ask if you wish.

Robert

Thus spake Mark Schill (meson3902 at gmail.com):