[ale] Big Brother Wins, We lose... From /. Real-ID Passes U.S. Senate 100-0

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 12:45:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 12:18 -0400, Mike Murphy wrote:
> If that's true, why did this get attached to a bill that was going to
> see no debate,

do you mean like 50% of the rest of the bills?  Clearly this is more
typical than not.

> and which almost no one could vote against,

If I'm not mistaken, the vote was 100-0.  There was a vote. You may not
like the outcome, but there was a vote.

> for fear of getting slapped with the "you don't support he troops" smear?
> (Never mind the budgetary slight of hand that is being exercised by the use of
> the DoD "suplimentary" bills, instead of putting that stuff in the
> budget itself.)
>
> Sadly, I just don't have time today to go back and read through the
> whole act (and not just cited parts), to have a more reasoned, and
> possibly less emotional discussion.

And therein lies the problem, you are not taking the time to inform
yourself but rather you are relying on, and re-distributing, FUD

-Jim P.