[ale] Big Brother Wins, We lose... From /. Real-ID Passes U.S. Senate 100-0

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Wed May 11 12:27:58 EDT 2005

If that's true, why did this get attached to a bill that was going to
see no debate, and which almost no one could vote against, for fear of
getting slapped with the "you don't support he troops" smear? (Never
mind the budgetary slight of hand that is being exercised by the use of
the DoD "suplimentary" bills, instead of putting that stuff in the
budget itself.)

Sadly, I just don't have time today to go back and read through the
whole act (and not just cited parts), to have a more reasoned, and
possibly less emotional discussion.

Still to the point: this doesn't belong on this list. I'll officially
offer up a personal mea-culpa for engaging in ithere, but we need to
find another place. Beside there being hundreds of places in the
blogoverse, I think a separate list is called for, so those not
interested in pure politics threads can hopefully avoid them.

On 05/11/2005 12:05 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Seems to me you have your halves mixed up.  Generally you will find it
> is the right side that wants to discuss issues and it is the left side
> that is entrenched.

Mike Murphy
781 Inman Mews Drive Atlanta GA 30307
Landline: 404-653-1070